1. THE CALGARY POLICE COMISSION (the CPC) is now chaired by Brian Thiessen, a lawyer with Osler Hoskin & Harcourt. Thiessen is regularly quoted in the media that he wants to clean up the culture of harassment, bullying and corruption within the Calgary Police Service. Yet his actions in private contradict all the self serving statements he makes in public and specifically to the media.
Thiessen is covering up corrupt and criminal acts committed by senior past and present serving members of the Calgary Police Service. Thiessen is also covering up, corrupt and criminal acts committed by past and present individuals and employees of the Calgary Police Commission. (much more to follow on Brian Thiessen)
2. Thiessens CPC is supposed to be the main watchdog that oversees the Calgary Police Service. They’re supposed to be the fail safe for the citizens of Calgary not for corrupt cops, they’re supposed to keep all the checks and balances in place, they’re supposed to protect you against any corrupt Calgary Police Chiefs or their members.
NOTE: Please read below PASS THE BUCK
3. When the CPC was under Chair Mike Shaikh, he allowed the rotten apples in the police service to get away with many corrupt and criminal acts. Mike Shaikh, was on the board of the CPC from 2005 to 2013 and was also the chair of the CPC commission from 2009 to 2013.
Mike Shaikh – Hypocrite: ” The Police Commission’s mandate is to provide independent civilian oversight and governance of the Calgary Police Service to ensure a safe community.”
4. Past Chief of police Rick Hanson was recently lauding his good friend Mike Shaikh (in the media) to be the next Senator from Alberta. I’m not surprised Hanson loves Shaikh.
5. Because in the November of 2010 and just one year in as the Chair, Shaikh renewed Hansons contract for a further 5 years. Then 3 years later, with less than one month left as the Chair of the CPC, Shaikh renewed Hansons contract again, for another 5 years.
6. After what you read on this site about the Calgary Police Commission, Shaikh, Hanson and other individuals, people might not want Shaikh to be a Senator at all.
7. What is published can be proven. And in due course all of the individuals will be held responsible and accountable for their actions by the appropriate courts and authorities.
PASS THE BUCK:
1. When I contacted Chief Chaffins office requesting criminal investigations be conducted regarding the irrefutable evidence in their possession, that past and present Calgary Police officers and others, had committed criminal and corrupt acts. Such evidence that they and Chief Chaffin has personally had since before he became the Chief of the Calgary Police Service.
2. The Chiefs office told me to contact their Professional Standards Division as it is their jurisdiction. I did as I was directed and the Professional Standards Division told me that since it involved the past Chief of Police and the current Chief of Police, it was the sole jurisdiction of Brian Thiessen and the Calgary Police Commission to investigate.
3. I did as I was directed and contacted the Chair of the Calgary Police Service, Brian Thiessen, explaining all of the above. Thiessen told me to contact him on his official e-mail at the Police Commission and not his law firm e-mail.
4. I did as I was told by Brian Thiessen, only to be then told by the Police Commission that it was not their jurisdiction, but the sole jurisdiction of the Calgary Police Service to investigate the criminal complaints, and it’s them that I should be contacting.
PASS THE BUCK, IT SEEMS, IS THEIR FAVORITE GAME:
5. None of them want to be in charge of an investigation, they all know will result in multiple criminal charges being laid against past and present Calgary Police officers and others.
6. Chief Chaffin retired on the 1st Day of January 2019, less than 3 years into his 5 year contract, and the Calgary Police Association is calling for the immediate resignation of Brian Thiessen. I was hoping before either leaves office, one of them will do the right thing, before Government Agencies and the Courts are involved.
Much more to follow: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE ALSO VIEW THE WEBSITES LISTED BELOW: