UPDATE 15MAY2022: DEBORAH PETRIUKS working title is the Public Complaint Director and Legal Counsel Calgary Police Commission. some title, but her main job is gatekeeper and damage control leader. Following in the same path as those before her, who were vilified in the Alberta Arkinstall Inquiry Report.
I say gatekeeper and damage control leader as I submitted serious evidence to Petriuk of historical and very serious corrupt, crooked and criminal acts having been committed by past commission members and past and present Calgary Police officers. Such acts that were committed at the same time periods covered by the Arkinstall Inquiry Report, and still being covered up to this day.
4 statements – 1 E-mail content – Petriuk – 8thNovember2021:
Petriuk Statement 1: “ Complaint 1089: You made a number of complaints against Detective Mercer which were dismissed on October 20, 2010. You then appealed the matter to the LERB. Your appeal to the LERB was dismissed, and costs were awarded agsint you. ”
THE TRUTH: Outright Lie by Petriuk. There was no appeal of Complaint 1089, there was no dismissal by the LERB and there was no costs awarded against me. And this woman is a Lawyer.
Petriuk Statement 2: “ Complaint 1055 You made a number of complaints against Inspector Money Sparrow, A/Inspector Cliff O’Brien and A/Staff Sgt. Joe Brar. These complaints were dismissed on July 21, 2010. You did not appeal this decision. ”
THE TRUTH: This statement by Petriuk is misleading. Complaint 1055 was also never investigated at all. The dismissal letter which I never received until just recently was fabricated and also littered with false statements. And this woman is a Lawyer.
Petriuk Statement 3: “ In order for these matters to be dismissed, they would need to be investigated first. From my review of the matter, they thoroughly investigated at the time ”
THE TRUTH: This is Another Outright Lie by Petriuk. Both of those matters were never thoroughly investigated as stated by Petriuk. In fact both 1055 and 1089 were never investigated at all. And both dismissal letters were fabricated. And this woman is a Lawyer.
Deborah Petriuk Statement 4: “ It does not appear that there are further actions to be taken on these professional standards matter, and you should not expect further contact from the Calgary Police Commission on this ”
THE TRUTH: This is yet Another Outright Lie by Petriuk. It is obvious that she never completed a review, and more obvious that she has attempted to cut off any further investigation into corrupt, crooked and criminal acts with false blanket statements, that she knew to be false, when she made them. And this woman is a Lawyer.
There is a mountain of evidence to shred Petriuks Lies. I am in contact with the Law Enforcement Review Board, but I initially look forward to what steps Shawn Cornett, the new Chair of the Calgary Police Commission, takes. MORE TO COME:
1. THE CALGARY POLICE COMISSION (the CPC) Was recently chaired by Brian Thiessen, a lawyer with Osler Hoskin & Harcourt. Thiessen was regularly quoted in the media stating that he wants to clean up the culture of harassment, bullying and corruption within the Calgary Police Service. Yet Thiessens actions in private totally contradicted all the self serving statements that he made in public and that he made specifically to the media.
In his time at the helm, Captaining the very bad ship S.S. CPC, Thiessen covered up many corrupt and criminal acts committed by very senior, past & present serving members of the Calgary Police Service. As well as those corrupt and criminal acts committed by past and present critical civilian employees and individuals of both the Police Service and the Calgary Police Commission.
2. Thiessens CPC was supposed to be the main watchdog that oversees the Calgary Police Service. They were supposed to be the fail safe for the citizens of Calgary not for corrupt cops, they were supposed to keep all the checks and balances in place, they were supposed to protect you against any corrupt Calgary Police Chiefs or their members.
NOTE: Please read below PASS THE BUCK
3. When the CPC was under Chair Mike Shaikh, he allowed the rotten apples in the police service to get away with many corrupt and criminal acts. Mike Shaikh, was on the board of the CPC from 2005 to 2013 and was also the chair of the CPC commission from 2009 to 2013.
Mike Shaikh – Hypocrite: ” The Police Commission’s mandate is to provide independent civilian oversight and governance of the Calgary Police Service to ensure a safe community.”
4. Past Chief of police Rick Hanson was recently lauding his good friend Mike Shaikh (in the media) to be the next Senator from Alberta. I’m not surprised Hanson loves Shaikh.
5. Because in the November of 2010 and just one year in as the Chair, Shaikh renewed Hansons contract for a further 5 years. Then 3 years later, with less than one month left as the Chair of the CPC, Shaikh renewed Hansons contract again, for another 5 years.
6. After what you read on this site about the Calgary Police Commission, Shaikh, Hanson and other individuals, people might not want Shaikh to be a Senator at all.
7. What is published can be proven. And in due course all of the individuals will be held responsible and accountable for their actions by the appropriate courts and authorities.
PASS THE BUCK:
1. When I contacted Chief Chaffins office requesting criminal investigations be conducted regarding the irrefutable evidence in their possession, that past and present Calgary Police officers and others, had committed criminal and corrupt acts. Such evidence that they and Chief Chaffin has personally had since before he became the Chief of the Calgary Police Service.
2. The Chiefs office told me to contact their Professional Standards Division as it is their jurisdiction. I did as I was directed and the Professional Standards Division told me that since it involved the past Chief of Police and the current Chief of Police, it was the sole jurisdiction of Brian Thiessen and the Calgary Police Commission to investigate.
3. I did as I was directed and contacted the Chair of the Calgary Police Service, Brian Thiessen, explaining all of the above. Thiessen told me to contact him on his official e-mail at the Police Commission and not his law firm e-mail.
4. I did as I was told by Brian Thiessen, only to be then told by the Police Commission that it was not their jurisdiction, but the sole jurisdiction of the Calgary Police Service to investigate the criminal complaints, and it’s them that I should be contacting.
PASS THE BUCK, IT SEEMS, IS THEIR FAVORITE GAME:
5. None of them want to be in charge of an investigation, they all know will result in multiple criminal charges being laid against past and present Calgary Police officers and others.
6. Chief Chaffin retired on the 1st Day of January 2019, less than 3 years into his 5 year contract, and the Calgary Police Association is calling for the immediate resignation of Brian Thiessen. I was hoping before either leaves office, one of them will do the right thing, before Government Agencies and the Courts are involved.
Much more to follow: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE ALSO VIEW THE WEBSITES LISTED BELOW: